Scientific use / references
If you use jVPM in your scientific work, please reference to the software as:
Apopei A. I. (2013) - Java Virtual Petrographic Microscope (jVPM): A free virtual petrographic microscope which allows users to examine and explore minerals and rocks features, Version 201x.xx.xx, http://jvpm.sourceforge.net.
Please insert the current version number which is presented as date format yyyy.mm.dd
jVPM is written in Java, so it will run on almost any system with a Java runtime environment. To run jVPM application you need to install JRE version 1.7 or later, and the box below shows you what version of JRE your have installed (if any):
You can find Sun's Java here (http://java.com/download/).
- Install Java Runtime Environment if you do not have it. You can find it here - it's free. Important! You should use at least Java version 7.
- Unzip the file. You need ~14 MB of Hard Disk space for the jVPM application folder. You can use 7-zip archiver - a open source software.
- You need Internet connection in order to run this software.
- The executable file is jVPM.jar
|JAR (application)||Date||Size (MB)||OS|
ChangeLog - Bugfixes and minor/major changes/improvements
- Was added a new feature called "Identify" which is a logical flow chart of the minerals properties under petrographic microscope;
- Was added a clear search button;
- Some minor bugs are fixed and some improvements in terms of GUI.
- First version!